Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday, January 17


Here's today's page, and it's not finished. I LOVE the way I did the background for this page, and the little kraft envelopes are perfect. I just haven't developed a final theme, but I decided to post it anyway. The colors work really well together, and again I just pulled from what was within my reach on my desk starting with the paint cans magazine image. As I'm typing this I'm thinking mallard ducks for some reason--maybe it's the teal blue of their wings and the browns in their body feathers that is connecting for me this morning. I may have just found my theme as I'm typing this up! I have a great mallard stamped image from Northwoods Stamps that would be a perfect focal point. And I have stories about ducks from wildlife rehab days that would fit into the little envelopes. My son Andrew's first word was "duck" after he shared a room with a mallard for a weekend at my parents' house. Hmmm...guess I'd better get to work and finish this one!

2 comments:

MulligansGold said...

I love the way the mind works...my best ideas come when I am not really trying. I love the Andrew first word story and the idea of putting stories in the envelopes. In fact, I love everthing about how this page evolved. -Kellie

Anonymous said...

One of your best - finished or not.

Connie