Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday, February 6th

LOVE this image! We have a pond in the yard that snakes through our woods and I can canoe it for nearly a mile. I have had amazing encounters with animals along the way--beaver, deer, great blue heron, and lots of ducks. Purple is also my favorite color. I had these great purple woodgrain stickers that I applied to the page and the little tag. I stamped Create Art (Memory Box G1330) onto a snippet of Memory Box paper (one with some French script) and cut out the "explore" part and adhered it to the tag along with a fancy purple bow. The compass sticker and a big 6 finish the page. This page also reminds me of my sister Gail. She spent hours and hours of her life fishing from a canoe, and for awhile the number 6 was her middle name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne: Am sure there is a story about why Gail's middle name was Six - or was it 6? This is beautiful. Connie

Anne Thompson said...

She actually chose the numeral 6, her Chinese numerology lucky number.