Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday, February 7th

Cardinals are my mother's favorite bird. We have a pair wintering over with us. The male plumage is spectacular against the snow. It hasn't been snowy here for awhile, but I chose to recycle this Christmas card for today's page. I added a strip of Snow and Cedar dot paper under the image. I made a circular tag, punching out a piece of the discarded oversized image. On a smaller circle I stamped Thicket Birds (D1118). I stamped Batik Birds (D1313) on a small piece of white cardstock and then used a scalloped punch to select part of the image that became the center of the circle tag, covering the birds in the thicket. A piece of white dotted ribbon finished the tag. A totally happy accident happened when I realized that the birch tree on the tag could line up with the birch tree in the focal image.

No comments: