Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6

Grape hyacinths and pansies in luscious purples, a rainbow, and a white ceramic bird...Can you tell that I'm thinking SPRING?!!! The other image on this page is an idea for an Easter card using egg stamps as ornaments--I think the stamps are from Impression Obsession or Outlines--but I'm going to adapt the idea using the two new egg stamps from Memory Box. I think I will stamp each of the images twice, emboss and watercolor or chalk them, and cut them out to pop dot onto a Blossom notecard with a Cool Beans stripey paper edge. I will add some narrow satin ribbons to "hang" them and organza bows in a variety of solid and dotted pinks, greens, or purples. I might also stamp and emboss them on papers from the Gossamer 6X6 pack for a different look. We've got Easter cards to make in class on Monday and my head is swimming with ideas. Looks like this evening will be the workshop time to pull samples together and make up the class packets.

Today is our big WE'RE GOING GREEN event at Your Maine Stamper, so I'm headed into the shop early to set up. This should be a fun day. I'm making cards with anyone who wants to--a St. Patrick's Day shamrock card and an Easter card using the Memory Box Egg Tree stamp. I stamped the tree yesterday and used colored pencil on the eggs and it was okay, but then I added a little dot of Glossy Accents on top of each egg--WOW--the colored popped and they eggs became more 3D egg-like . People are going to LOVE this.

No comments: