Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Mother's Day or Special Girl

This week's challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog is Mother's Day or a Special Girl.  I made this card:
I started with a white notecard and added a piece of rose-patterned paper.  I then stamped two Memory Box stamps--E1760 Gorgeous Bloom and B1761 Gorgeous Mini Bloom--repeatedly on watercolor paper using Hero Arts Raspberry Jam Ink.  I smooshed Worn Lipstick Distress Ink onto a craft sheet, spritzed it with water, and used my waterbrush to paint the multiple roses.  When they were dry, I fussy-cut them in a variety of ways so I could stack them to make a dimensional flower of seven layers. I added leaves cut with PoppyStamps Lorelai Leaf 839 die and the leaves from the Memory Box Lovely Aster die # 98510.  I placed the rose in the lower left over one printed on the paper.  I cut a banner using a Simon Says Stamp die and added the coordinating stamp "SO SWEET!".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love the 3-D big rose. Stamping and card-making are good projects for these snowy days. Connie

Laura Sterckx said...

This card is so pretty! I love the 3D rose which is beautiful! The whole design and colors of this card are fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!