Thursday, March 26, 2015

My post today on Outside the Box


Spring rains are forecast here in Maine for the next few days with temperatures in the 40s and 50s.  Because I live at the end of a rather long dirt road, what that signals for me is the beginning of Mud Season. I'll be out splashing in the puddles and the mud in my farmer's boots!  I can't wait for all of the snow and ice to finally melt away.
Today's card features the Memory Box die Splashing Puddles No. 99062 on the cover of the card, cut from Pool Moroccan Dot paper and layered onto a Pool notecard:  IMG_1802

The sentiment is the April Showers Combo stamp B1912 which I cut into two parts so I could use"April showers" on the card front.
I used the rest of the sentiment ("BRING MAY FLOWERS") on the inside of the card along with layered die cuts using the Trumpet Vine die No. 99075:IMG_1804
I think we often focus on the card front and forget that we have all that great white space inside the card which can also be decorated.  If I mail this card, I'll add a layer of bubblewrap and/or cardboard over the flowers to keep the gems from punching through the card front.  
Have you used your Memory Box dies to make flowers or other items for the inside of your cards?  Do you add stamped or die cut sentiments inside?
Happy Crafting!

No comments: